Systems Specialist III
Job Title: Systems Specialist III
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Systems Specialist Supervisor
This position is distinguished from other System Specialist positions due to increased responsibility and autonomy of duties performed, including heavy project/initiative participation. This more experienced position will address escalations from a Systems Specialist II, Systems Specialist I, or Systems Specialist Intern by providing greater technical expertise on desktop computers, enterprise applications, operating systems, misc. hardware, peripherals, and software. A Systems Specialist III may be required to assist on some network applications and on non-enterprise applications issues. In this capacity, these positions will provide technical knowledge and support on desktop computers, enterprise applications, operating systems, misc. hardware, peripherals, and software. A Systems Specialist III will also provide support for telecommunications, network, and audio video issues.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
* High School diploma or GED required
* Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
* 5 years related technical support experience in a professional IT environment
* Or an equivalent combination of education, certifications, and IT work experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* A+ and Net+ required
* VMWare Certified Professional or Certified CISCO Network Professional preferred
* Or an equivalent combination of certifications and IT work experience
* Must have an advanced understanding of Microsoft Windows and LAN/WAN networking required
* Strong technical and troubleshooting skills required.
* Strong to excellent time management and organizational skills required.
* Must possess strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to creatively seek out and implement innovative solutions.
* Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Senior Staff, Front line and back of house managers, clients, vendors and customers.
* All Systems Specialists must be able to work weekends and/or evenings as required.
* Strong to excellent vendor and Service level management.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Must have ability to work with specialized hand tools for installation/repair and occasionally work in tightly confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; secondary smoke and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.