Systems Specialist II
Job Title: Systems Specialist II
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Systems Specialist Supervisor
Starting Pay Rate: $25.82 to $34.15 per hour; depending on prior experience
This position is responsible for first and second tier support on the wide range of Casino Arizona applications and hardware. Systems Specialists will also provide basic support for telecommunications, network, and audio video issues and is responsible for keeping inventory of assets and ensuring the company’s computer assets are reasonably maintained and protected. The Systems Specialist will assist the IT Department on Projects, Implementations, and Upgrades.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or GED required for all Systems Specialists.
* 3 years technical support experience in a professional IT environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* A+ required
* Net+ required
* MCP preferred
* MCSA preferred
The System Specialist I must have an intermediate to advanced understanding of Windows Operating Systems, Macintosh OS, Android, iOS, Microsoft Office Products, Adobe Creative Cloud Products, Active Directory and other Applications. Experience in supporting network printers, copiers, phones, computers, tablets, laptops and other hardware peripherals required.
* Strong technical skills required.
* Strong to excellent time management and organizational skills required.
* Must possess strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to creatively seek out and implement innovative solutions.
* Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
* All Systems Specialists must be able to work weekends and evenings.
* Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Must have ability to work with specialized hand tools for installation/repair and occasionally work in tightly confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; secondary smoke and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.