Steak N Shake Cook-PT
The Cook is responsible to execute a variety of duties ensuring Steakburgers, Steakfranks and chicken breasts are grilled correctly using the timer and served on toasted buns / melt bread.
• Creates welcoming atmosphere by providing exceptional customer service, appreciating the guest’s business and by supporting the location’s ambience with outgoing enthusiastic hospitality
• Prepares and stocks work station with the accurate amount of ingredients as listed on the prep chart for assigned shift. Ingredients include but not limited to; portioning and forming Signature Steakburgers, Panning Steakburgers and Steakfranks, Stocking Chicken, cheese and buns. Ensuring station set up verifying proper temperature of equipment as well as the correct amount of clean and sanitized utensils.
• Professionally communicates with others. The communication creates an enjoyable, entertaining and engaging interaction that educates the guest, promotes the brand, and creates a desire to return
• Prepares and stocks work station with accurate ingredients and ensures proper temperature of equipment and products as well as the correct amount of clean and sanitized utensils
• Maintains detailed knowledge and ability to grill Steakburgers, Signature Steakburgers, Steakfranks and Chicken using the timer according to specifications ensuring; quality temperature control and menu accuracy while maintaining required total ticket times
• Maintains evenly toast buns and bread according to specification using bun boards or toaster
• Helps at dressing table station add condiments to burgers as well as packaging items for the guests
• Helps Fryer operator cook, portion and plate fresh cut fries and fried chicken
• Maintains Outstanding personal hygiene and grooming that reflects the enthusiastic outgoing professional essence of the Pechanga
• Performs detailed cleaning, scrubbing, and deck brushing over other areas of the restaurant as assigned
• Maintains a clean and organized work area with precise execution of counter marketing initiatives
• Performs all other relevant job duties as assigned
Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Development Corporation and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus six months of job related experience in the food industry (or similar field); or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of requirements listed above is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position may require the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, and fractions.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Food Handlers License or Serve Safe Certificate
• Professional Demeanor
• Make eye contact while speaking
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges
• Must have a sense of urgency to get tasks done as directed
• Must have working knowledge of food served in the specific outlet and have strong passion for quality food
• Be aware of contemporary nutritional and health requirements of customer base including dietary and safe food restrictions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.