Data Agent I
Observe and monitor all gaming-related activities via data gathering and analysis to ensure adherence to all regulations,
internal controls, and company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The information provided below encompasses the functions and capabilities linked with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities.
• Gather data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain database systems.
• Assist with conducting and preparing statistical analyses and reports on operational data, including identifying,
analyzing and interpreting trends and patterns, and data outliers and anomalies.
• Monitor and observe casino activities and property via data surveillance (live and recorded) to identify potential
criminal behavior on the part of customers.
• Monitor and observe casino activities and property via data surveillance and in person data gathering and analysis
to ensure employees and operations in general adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Minimal
Internal Control Standards (MICS), and federal and Tribal-state compact and regulations.
• Identify, document and report unusual activities that could relate to or suggest criminal behavior, violations of
policy and standards, and violations of applicable regulations.
• Operate the Closed Circuit Television System, including preserving historical video, to Gaming Commission
• Assist with investigations, audits, and reviews.
• Answer incoming calls and emails.
• Other duties as assigned.
The individual in this position is expected to possess and exhibit the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in the context of standard
situations with common, predictable variables.
• Ability to carry out basic mathematical computations, including add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio, and percent; and draw and
interpret bar graphs.
• Aptitude for learning and using a variety of computer software and applications.
• Demonstrate a commitment to and value for conducting oneself in accordance with highest standards of integrity
and ethical behavior in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
• Maintain working knowledge of gaming violations and applicable regulations, as well as internal policies and
• Maintain working knowledge of table and carnival games strategy and advantage play methods for the variety of
table and carnival games offered at Pechanga Resort & Casino.
• Ability to comprehend and apply a common sense understanding of instructions provided in written, oral and
diagram form, including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas, as well as compose clear, effective, and grammatically
correct reports and business correspondence appropriate for the intended audience.
• Ability to work in a professional manner in an environment with individuals from many different cultures and
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, including document creation and editing in Word, messaging and calendaring in
Outlook, and performing routine tracking and basic computations in Excel.
The following capabilities are required to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing, including by phone, e-mail, or in person.
• Understand, remember, and apply routine and complex oral and/or written instructions, conduct complex
calculations, and recall and link related factual information and visional images.
• Sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Exert up to 15 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects.
• Maintain sustained concentration on video monitors and computer screens, and use keyboards and a variety of
• Maintain sustained concentration and focus in a moderately noisy environment.
• Sufficient vision to complete tasks requiring depth perception, color vision and ability to bring object into sharp
focus both close and far away.
• Recognize, interpret, and respond to variety of competing and isolated sounds with a variety of sources, pitch,
quality and loudness.
• Tolerate working in a confined space for prolonged periods of time with sustained exposure to moderate noise.
• Tolerate occasional exposure to extreme heat or cold, and moderate temperature changes.
The following are required of an employee in this position.
• One year experience and/or training in a similar position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Current PGC Class "A" Gaming License.
• Ability to work days, evenings, and nights.
• Ability to periodically travel locally, regionally, and nationally to trainings and other events.
• Must be age 21 or older.
• Requires passing background check, credit check, and drug screening upon hire.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.