National Account Manager
Job Title: National Account Manager
Department: Resort Sales
Reports To: Director of Sales
As the local, on property sales/catering contact for customers, the National Account Manager is responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering-related opportunities; actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Responsible to learn how to support the service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Provide service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of the casino and resort property.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Hospitality Management Degree a plus. At least 5 years experience in hospitality sales, on a property level and/or an equivalent combination of education, related training and work experience that enable the employee to successfully perform the duties of the job from the start.
Licenses and Certifications:
CMP, CHSE or other related certification preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent PC skills and broad knowledge of current and standard software applications and hotel systems (Microsoft Office, Delphi, PMS etc.).
* Ability to understand and execute and support Customer Service Standards and Brand Standards
* Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
* Superior guest relations skills
* Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
* Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively up sell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
* Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
* Knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient)
* Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
* Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
* Knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition (catering focused)
* Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by revenue management
* Strong customer development and relationship management skills
* Knowledge of group, extended stay and transient business
* Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
* Effective decision making skills
* Ability to influence others
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
* Good negotiation skills
* Strong presentation and platform skills
* Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
* Strong organization skills
* Strong customer and associate relation skills
* Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
Must be able to read, write and understand English.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.