SENIOR MULTIMEDIA DESIGNER
Job Title: Senior Multimedia Designer
Gaming License: Class III
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Advertising Manager
The Senior Multimedia Designer is responsible for the design, scheduling, deployment, storage and support to the organization for all multimedia applications deployed including internet, intranet, digital signage and video content. The position serves as the mentor and lead of the multimedia staff and works closely with the advertising team to provide strategic and tactical graphical content for each communication channel. Responsibilities include the planning, development, deployment, testing, documentation, training, evaluation and on-going support of in-house Internet, Intranet and digital signage systems. The Senior Multimedia Designer will be required to design and develop user interface features, such as site animation, graphics and special-effects with the incorporation of the Casino Arizona and Talking Stick Resort design standards.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree in Multimedia Design or in a related field required; Five to seven years’ experience directly related to the use of media, motion graphics, video, and technology support in the casino/hospitality industry.
Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience and proven skill using:
* Multimedia software (e.g. Flash, VB.NET, and ASP.NET)
* Graphics editing software (e.g. Photoshop Creative Suite)
* Graphics design software (e.g. Illustrator)
* Video animation software (e.g. After Effects, Cinema 4D, Premier)
* Web development and content management;
* Experience creating engaging content for advertising campaigns. This includes print, web, social and video applications;
* Must demonstrate ability to support wide array of content types for all media, images, application, live data and external feeds, web content;
* Must demonstrate knowledge of Internet technologies as VB.NET, ASP.NET, Flash, AJAX, Active Server Pages, HTML, DHTML, XML, etc;
* Must be able to be able to plan, shoot, and edit high quality video content and photographs.
* Experience with Ballys Coolsigns content management is preferred.
* Excellent working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere.
* Excellent working knowledge of HTML 5.
* Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
* Strong time management skills, with a proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet conflicting deadlines.
* Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well organized and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests and deliverables.
* Must have the ability to take the initiative to solve problems autonomously – always be focused on solution oriented discussions and executions.
* Must be detail oriented with a strong sense of design and creativity.
* Must demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems through clean design and concise user experience.
* Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to community effectively with guest and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
* Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must be a leader, by example, and enjoy coaching and mentoring other creative minds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to maneuver throughout all areas of the casino; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Employee may be required to work in confined areas. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.