Job Title: Spa Receptionist (dayshift) at Talking Stick Resort
Department: Resort Spa
Reports To: Assistant Spa Manager
$11.00 per hour
The Spa Receptionist is responsible for day to day operation of the Spa front desk including booking appointments, greeting and registering guests, answering questions and ensuring the cleanliness of the Spa. The Spa Receptionist is knowledgeable of all Spa services, pricing, and other services provided by the resort.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. A minimum of one year previous experience in a high volume Resort Spa, upscale Day Spa or Salon is required. High end retail experience may be considered. CPR certification preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent PC skills; intermediate knowledge MS Word and Excel; experience with POS systems or cashiering systems.
* Must present a salon professional and well-groomed appearance at all times. Light make up for lips and eyes preferred.
* Must have a superior sense of organization, control, and ability to prioritize in a fast paced, busy environment.
* Requires the ability to operate multiple phone lines.
* Must have basic math and cash handling skills.
* Must be reliable, trustworthy and posses a pleasant personality.
* Must possess excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills.
* Complies with all policies and procedures.
* Ability to work harmoniously with others and be a team player.
* Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations.
* Present a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
* Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods, bend, lean and walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet.