Paisanos Italian Hostess-PT
The host/hostess purpose is to provide a warm greeting for guest, circulate the room while seating guests and accommodate the initial interaction between guest and the service team. The host/hostess should permeate a welcoming persona to each guest walking by or into the restaurant. Their purpose is to start the dining experience from the moment the guest arrives. The host/hostess of the restaurant is the first and last impression of the venue to guests. The host/hostess controls the pace at which a restaurant fills and can affect the fluidity of an entire shift and providing guest service.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Check reservation books, call reservations and confirm, take reservations accurately
• Greet every guest upon arrival or on the phone with a smile and professional greeting
• Assign guests seating in accordance with table and stations rotation
• Control waitlist and reservations sheets for each shift.
• Walk each guest/party to table in a pace that is appropriate for the guest, pull out chairs for ladies, hand out menus wish guests a pleasurable dining experience
• Complete all required daily reports
• Other duties as assigned
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school education or equivalent and at least one year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. This position also requires the ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Qualify to obtain a Class “B” gaming license
• Ability to work under stressful situations
• Mentally strong and able to cope with many challenges
• Professional demeanor
• Positive attitude
• Interpersonal skills
• Multi-tasking skills
• Possess fluent English speaking, writing and comprehension skills.
Blazing Noodles & New Asian Restaurant
• Ability to speak Cantonese, Chinese, Korean, Mandarin and Vietnamese preferred.
• Understand and comply with all company and departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and guests
• Ability to take direction from Supervisors/Managers
• Requires the use of telephones. Requires regular and predictable attendance
• Must be available to work any shift, including weekends, holidays and graveyard shifts.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.