GUEST SERVICES LEAD
Job Title: Guest Services Lead
Department: Resort Spa
Gaming License: 4b
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Assistant Spa Manager
Starting Wage: $15.50 per hour plus commission and gratuities
The Guest Services Lead works closely with the Spa Manager and Assistant Spa Manager to develop and continually improve the quality of guest service, assure a high standard of the men’s and ladies’ locker rooms and all relaxation areas. The primary objective of a lead is to ensure and continue to elevate the level of customer service provided for each and every spa guest. To assure training is thorough and complete through organization, training, product knowledge and the facility and environment are maintained in accordance with company expectations.
Oversees the spa receptionist as well as the spa attendants to assure exceptional customer service and that all standards are met including service goals, booking goals and retail sales goals. Assumes management duties in the Spa in the absence of the manager or assistant manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required; at least three years of previous lead/supervisory experience in an upscale resort spa required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent PC skills and broad knowledge of current and standard software applications and hotel systems (Microsoft Office, Delphi, Visual One, etc.).
* Must have excellent organization skills, pay attention to details while multi-tasking.
* Must be reliable, trustworthy and possess a pleasant personality.
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Able to work effectively and reasonably harmoniously with others.
* Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations.
* Presents a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
* Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, holidays and special spa events that may occur beyond typically scheduled spa hours or off property.
* Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
* Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
* Must be an effective problem solver as well as being proactive in identifying issues that may become challenges.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.