Healthcare Professionals (HCP) compliance with necessary vaccinations ensures the uninterrupted operational continuity of Oaklawn and leads by example in the health and safety of the community we serve. COVID-19 and Influenza are required vaccinations at Oaklawn, EEOC exemption requests will be considered. Please consider this before applying for positions.
Casual Occupational Therapist- Outpatient/Inpatient
Job Summary: Plans and administers medically prescribed occupational therapy treatment programs for patients to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability following disease, injury or loss of body part.
• Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
• Determines appropriateness of prescribed therapies and goals for identified pathophysiological state.
• Performs patient tests, measurements and evaluations.
• Records therapy, test procedures and results.
• Reviews and evaluates physician’s referral (prescription) and patient’s medical record to determine occupational therapy treatment required.
• Administers therapeutic exercises, physical agents, and manual therapies to improve or maintain function.
• Instructs, motivates and assists patients in exercises.
Minimum Qualifications: Licensed Occupational Therapist in the State of Michigan; BLS from American Red Cross or American Heart Association certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: One (1) year experience preferred. Experience with all age groups preferred. Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
Working Conditions: Potentially exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements: Constantly reach, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Frequently stand, sit, walk, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Occasionally lift/carry 25 to 50+ lbs.