Job Summary: Directs the program and staff. Develops and implements respiratory care services in accordance with the policies of the hospital and the directives of the medical staff. Monitors patient progress and treatment plan to ensure all accreditation requirements and goals are accomplished.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Staff recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
- Develops respiratory therapy services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Is responsible for maintaining the respiratory therapy staffing at all times appropriate for the current patient volume and needs to ensure safe, high quality respiratory therapy is provided.
- Develops respiratory therapy services financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Serves on task force groups and committees
- Identifies and implements new technology and resources; redesigning systems
- Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and accreditation standards; anticipating emerging issues.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree; Two years (2) of supervisory experience. RRT Credential through the American Association of Respiratory Care, BLS certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must be a strong educator with excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to develop and implement the budget maintaining services and staffing within the fiscal budget.
Working Conditions: Potentially exposed to infectious disease.
Physical Requirements: Constantly see/visual acuity, talk/hear. Frequently stand, sit, walk, handle/grasp/feel. Occasionally lift/carry 50+ lbs.