Food Court Supervisor
To oversee the daily / hourly operations of the department during a normal 8 hour shift. To insure guest satisfaction. To insure procedural observance by line staff. To protect the assets of the company, not only by monitoring and controlling labor, but also in the prevention of accidents, preventing the misuse of company property and overseeing cash handling procedures. To serve as informal liaison between line staff and management. Provide support to line staff in the performance of their duties. Provide supplies and stock necessary to the operation (through warehouse or other providers). Act as representative of the company in the interaction with guests and patrons of the facility. To oversee and insure adherence to all alcoholic beverage service laws and policies. To maintain a clean, safe work environment by following the Health, Safety and Sanitation Codes of the State, County and Company. Abide by OSHA regulations. To create a climate of trust and integrity in relationships with line staff and patrons. To communicate the events of the shift and needs of the department in a clear and concise manner, giving management the information needed to provide a four diamond experience for the guest.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Provide up-to-date information at pre-shift meetings
• Provide a four-diamond experience for the guest by following the Service Standards of Pechanga Resort and Casino
• Insure that all staff are on duty and in appropriate uniform and well-groomed by following the Dress Code Standards of Pechanga Resort and Casino
• Insure that all staff are following service procedures by general observations and performing service audits using the Food and Beverage Service Guarantees as a guide.
• Be knowledgeable regarding company policies and procedures by attending all training seminars and using initiative to learn
• Provide direction and guidance to staff during the shift by following the Codes of Conduct of Pechanga Resort and Casino
• Provide coaching and counseling to staff as outlined by company policy
• Communicate effectively with staff, guests and support departments
• Monitor labor Vs business flow and make the necessary adjustments
• Visit all guest’s tables during shift
• Assist with hosting and cashiering as needed
• Assist the expeditor as needed
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work environment by following the guidelines of the Department of Health and Sanitation of the State, County and Company.
• Communicate needs, concerns and comments to culinary team
• Order working supplies from the warehouse using the Stratton Warren Inventory System
• Review payroll and attendance as instructed by using the Kronos Payroll System.
• Project a positive attitude and “service first” demeanor at all times by following the Codes of Conduct of Pechanga Resort and Casino.
• Other duties as assigned
The F&B Supervisor is responsible for departmental corrective actions and team member relation issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least 1 year relative experience is preferred to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Class A Gaming License
• Food Handler Certification
• TIPs Alcohol Service Certification or ServSafe Alcohol Certification
• Proficient with POS system
• Familiar with Microsoft Office
• Ability to learn Stratton Warren Purchasing Programs
• Ability to learn Kronos Time and Attendance System
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons
• Possess fluent English speaking, writing and comprehension skills.
Blazing Noodles & New Asian Restaurant
• Ability to speak Cantonese, Chinese, Korean, Mandarin and Vietnamese preferred.
• Knowledge of Cantonese, Chinese, Korean, Mandarin and Vietnamese cuisine preferred.
• Must possess the ability to address situations in a calm, professional demeanor
• Ability to adapt to change and to accept change in a diverse workgroup environment
• Ability to determine the root causes of situations, then make sound judgments regarding guest’s service requests or staff’s concerns
• Must possess good judgment in making decisions about service issues and team member questions
• Must be able to make good financial decisions based on the circumstances that are present at the time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.