The Spa Manager is responsible for overseeing the resort Spa, Poker Room massage program, fitness center, Spa pool services, and other business units as assigned. Responsible to manage, supervise, and oversee assigned areas to ensure achievement of sales goals, business objectives, and profitability. Core duties include managing staff, overseeing facility cleanliness and maintenance, developing budgets, and creating marketing and promotions campaigns as needed. Must exhibit strong organizational, verbal and written communication, and critical thinking skills; need to be a detail-oriented team player with leadership and time management skills; must have the ability to anticipate the types of services clients will most enjoy and benefit from; fully capable of introducing and implementing new treatments and services. Customer service, problem solving, and interpersonal skills are essential because daily interaction with clients, personnel, vendors and the public is expected. Strong math skills are necessary for monitoring and managing the daily revenue and expenses, monthly P&L performance, and preparation and adherence to budgets.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Must have better than average PC skills and be proficient with MS Office Suite
• At least three (3) years’ experience as Director (or similar management position) in charge of operating a successful upscale resort spa or a luxury day spa
• Prior responsibility and success promoting and marketing an upscale spa operation
• Special education in skincare and/or fitness
• Experience in the hospitality industry
• Understanding of good health requirements in terms of exercises and fitness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have excellent PC skills and broad knowledge of current and standard software applications and hotel systems (Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook; at least one proprietary spa software package, etc.).
• Must have the ability to work harmoniously with others and be a team player
• Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
• Must be reliable, trustworthy and have a pleasant personality
• Must have the ability to handle pressure and difficult situations
• Must be capable of complying with all policies and procedures
• Must presents a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times
• Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus