Job Title: Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Gaming License: Class III
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Senior Network Manager
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day management and support of enterprise business application solutions. The System Administrator is thoroughly knowledgeable of the infrastructure as well as the applications.
* Performs high level troubleshooting of all infrastructure and application issues
* Managing the daily operations and maintenance of enterprise applications
* Administers the application configuration and application security configuration
* Maintains application interfaces to peripheral systems and devices
* Responsible for the initial application implementation, updates and continued maintenance
* Works closely with IT support, Business Systems Analysts, and internal customers as an escalation point to resolve system issues
* Work with vendors in order to resolve application issues
* Shepherd vendor issues to ensure that application fixes are developed
* Documents system configurations, processes, procedures and other pertinent system information.
* Coordinates with Business Systems Analysts to provide vendor updates
* Works in a high paced environment, in support of a high number of applications
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
HS/GED required; Associates Degree (AA); three (3) years demonstrated systems/application administration experience, including upgrade and new installation experience or an equivalent combination of education, certifications and technology work experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
MCSA (Windows Server) strongly preferred.
Applicants must have experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems administration, application administration implementation experience, and SQL Server environment experience. Additionally, applicants must understand VMware, WAN/LAN and wireless concepts.
The System Administrator must demonstrate:
* The ability to understand, discuss and resolve complex issues involving computers, networks, and applications/data is required.
* Maintain a high level of product knowledge.
* Mastery of technology skills to maintain daily operations of enterprise applications.
* The ability to analyze and interpret data, including root cause analysis to resolve/prevent recurring system problems.
* Experience in third-party vendor management.
* Experience in the following areas required:
o Troubleshooting and analysis
o Creating technical system architecture documentation
o System configuration
o System test execution
o User training and procedures
o Relational database principles
o Overall understanding of the project lifecycle.
* Ability to contribute to interface and conversion planning.
* Understanding, education or experience in Web applications, client/server; network principles.
* Proven customer service/user support skills showing strong interpersonal skills, team skills and organizational skills.
* Ability to prioritize work on multiple tasks, demonstrating flexibility when dealing and changing business needs.
* The ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Industry-specific knowledge of gaming, accounting, operations and marketing is a plus.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; secondary smoke and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.