Banquet Beverage Supervisor
Job Title: Banquet Beverage Supervisor (outdoor concerts and showroom) at Talking Stick Resort
Reports To: Banquet Manager
Wage/Salary Grade: $17.51 per hour plus % of gratuity pool
Assists in the supervision and coordination of the overall activities of the Bar operation as assigned. Acts as a working supervisor, responsible for pricing, ordering, scheduling and overseeing the bar activities and performing duties personally or through subordinates.
Directly supervises the Bartender, Bar Back Attendant and Beverage Servers in a showroom, banquet or outdoor concert event on a given shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participates in the planning, operational setup, execution and tear down of events/venues.
* Focuses on speed of service focus and maintaining standard operating procedures.
* Performs bottle service training and promotion
* Trend Analysis to stay current of the market
* Hires, schedules, and trains for all responsible venues.
* Monitors staff performance. Defines performance requirements and develops action plans for achievement of goals to communicate expectations and counseling when needed
* Performs assigned projections in compiling annual budgets in conjunction with Beverage Manager.
* Supervises and supports Food & Beverage outlets in the absence of the F&B Manager and/or Beverage Manager.
* Ensures proper billing and charges to guests for their events, prepares charges for guest to review at the end of the event; collects payment if necessary
* Acts as the primary Interface with clients in charge and responds to requests.
* Speaks at roll call meetings prior to events to inform staff about event particulars and expectations.
* Supports all assigned side work, bar cleanliness, Health Code considerations
* Checks with Facilities, Catering, Marketing and Culinary for any last minute changes.
* Attends banquet BEO meetings, as necessary, to assist in the coordination of the events.
* Manages Venue Beverage Inventory and Ensures Accuracy and Assists In Monthly Inventory
* Provides operational support for all bottle service venues.
* Provides operational support for Release Pool parties.
Education and/or Experience required:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
* 3 years related experience in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have prior experience with large venues: indoor/outdoor; with portable and stationary bars; food service al a carte or buffet style.
* Must have knowledge of basic restaurant cashiering procedures, tray service and beverage ingredients.
* POS experience strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of Arizona State Liquor Laws - Title 4 and/or Arizona Alcohol Awareness certification a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess a Maricopa County Food Handler's Card.
Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Experience using POS system; InfoGenesis preferred.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and be a team player. Must be able to work quickly and accurately in stressful situations and maintain a positive customer service attitude. Can work a flexible schedule and available to work all shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold and secondary smoke. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.