Job Summary: Manages and controls all supplies within the Surgical Core area. Responsible for pulling and maintaining case carts for surgical procedures. Will monitor and maintain the appropriate stock levels through intelligent ordering and distribution of product. Must act as an effective conduit of information between the OR and Materials departments.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Ensures all surgical case carts are pulled and ready prior to the scheduled procedure.
- Consults physician preference cards to determine the appropriate supplies necessary. Must communicate with OR staff regarding questions and complications to avoid disruption of the surgical schedule.
- Determines the appropriate supply amount, including specialty and non-stock items, to maintain a consistent level within the surgical core as well as the outpatient surgery supply storerooms.
- Order pick lists will be submitted electronically and pulled accordingly. The individual will also be responsible for maintaining the physical OR supply storeroom and electronically submitting a suggested replenishment order to the appropriate buyer. Must consult with OR Clinical Coordinator and other identified staff regarding special items essential to performing procedures. Information will be communicated to the Materials Management department to ensure fluid continuity in supply
- Manages and communicates the information flow between the Surgical and Materials Management departments.
Minimum Qualifications: 18 years of age.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Prefer surgical technician, central sterile technician, or other previous surgery experience. Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math. Knowledge of Cerner and Surginet a plus. Excellent organization and prioritization skills are essential. Ability to flash or sterilize instrumentation in the Surgical Core.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move up to 50 pounds.