Enterprise Applications Manager
Job Title: Enterprise Applications Manager
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
The Enterprise Applications Manager is responsible for the overall management and support of mission critical enterprise business applications and enables, directly and through the coordination of resources, the efficient and accurate use of business applications by all business areas. The Enterprise Applications Manager maintains the integrity and availability of critical business systems and data, is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive business relationships with business areas and manages enterprise applications. The position is responsible for ensuring seamless integration with existing systems. Casino Arizona is focused on purchasing third party enterprise applications with less than 20% of the applications being supported by internal development.
Directly supervises and manages the daily activities of Business Systems Analyst, Report Writer and Systems Developer in completion of assigned tasks in a 24/7 environment.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science or related field or equivalent technical certifications and education; eight or more years managing Information Technology enterprise applications and projects; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
* Experience managing applications in a Microsoft Windows 7, AS400 and Unix/RS6000 environment.
* Understands LAN and WAN concepts.
* Experience with Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Office.
* High level of technical experience including, but not limited to, client/server & web applications, databases, desktop software, hardware peripherals and an understanding of complex integration requirements among various technologies and mixed environments.
* Demonstrated experience with database technologies: schema design, SQL, and query design and business object modeling.
* Experience with full-cycle software application development in a Microsoft development environment a plus, with a focus on web technologies.
* Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
* Experience with formal project planning, functional requirements definition and design methodologies;
* Proven ability to rapidly assimilate and apply new technical knowledge based on departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
* Ability to work with high degrees of professionalism and autonomy are required along with a project management style that promotes progress in a collaborative environment.
* Good grasp of technology from “big picture” integration perspective.
* A high degree of creativity, near and long term business vision and understanding, and technical leadership is required.
* Strong logic, analytical and problem solving skills. Superior facilitation, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills.
* Must possess excellent organizational, prioritization and follow through skills.
* Customer Service oriented.
* Must have ability to motivate, direct and hold staff accountable.
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and be able to work well under time constraints.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
* Industry-specific knowledge Gaming, Accounting, Operations and Marketing is a plus.
* Must be able to work flexible hours, including hours beyond the normal schedule when necessary.
* Occasional travel required.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and be on feet for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; secondary smoke and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee may be exposed to construction noise, high dust levels and poor lighting.