Job Title: Florist
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: F&B Director
The florist will develop, produce and create floral and themed-floral designs for both retail and in-house projects. The florist will also maintain both living plants and floral arrangements throughout the resort.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required; previous floral design training is required with a minimum of two years experience in a related job. Previous floral education and certification is preferred. Member of the Arizona State Florist’s Association or other nationally recognized association preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good PC skills and broad knowledge of current and standard software applications and hotel systems is preferred.
* Has a wide imagination and can create original designs.
* Knowledgeable about a wide range of flowers and plants.
* Must also have knowledge of basic design rules and color coordination.
* Must exhibit strong organizational skills and attention to detail in order to function under time constraints.
* Must be reliable, trustworthy and posses a pleasant personality.
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Ability to work harmoniously with others and be a team player.
* Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations.
* Must be highly motivated with a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast paced environment at all times.
* Presents a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
* Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke; frequently cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.