Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Job Title: Assistant Housekeeping Manager (Casino) at Talking Stick Resort
Reports To: Housekeeping Manager
Provide organization, instruction and guidance to members of the Housekeeping staff. Ensures completion of daily objectives while maintaining Casino Arizona/Talking Stick Resort’s Standards of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
Manages the Housekeeping Shift Supervisor in the Housekeeping Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance appraisals; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. At least two year college (associate) degree preferred. Minimum of two years supervisory and/or management experience in Hospitality industry preferred. Housekeeping department experience is necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent PC skills and broad knowledge of current and standard software applications and hotel systems (Microsoft Office, CRM, SWS, and Kronos, etc.).
* Presents a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
* Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills, team skills, organizational skills, and be adaptable in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in verbal and written modes.
* Possesses the ability to manage difficult customer situations professionally, and resolve customer issues in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks, demonstrating flexibility when dealing with changing business priorities.
* Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
* Ability to work independently and show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Must be physically able to ascend and descend multiple flights of stairs during a shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; secondary smoke; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.