Director of Security/Casino Arizona
Job Title: Director of Security (Casino Arizona)
Reports To: President/CEO with dotted line to General Manager/Casino Arizona
Manages and coordinates the activities of the Security Department resulting in an efficient and economic operation. Assures the protection of company assets, reputation and integrity. Assures the overall safety of our guests, employees and property as a whole. Supervises all investigations conducted by security and safety personnel.
Directly manages the Security Coordinator, Access Control Specialist, Property Control Specialist and the Security Shift Supervisors who supervise employees in the Security Department.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required; 7 to 10 years management experience in Security or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Gaming, surveillance and security training experience preferred. Must have a valid Arizona drivers license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent PC skills. Must have knowledge of MSWord, Excel and Outlook applications.
* Must have good knowledge of games and casino rules, policies, procedures, internal controls and administration.
* Must be familiar with the operation of camera and recording equipment.
* Must have general knowledge of cheating games and an depth knowledge of other related illegal activities.
* Must be able to identify any unusual, irregular or illegal activities.
* Must be able to work harmoniously with all others.
* Must present a well-groomed appearance.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.