Job Title: Event Manager
Department: Resort Sales
Reports To: Senior Event Manager
This position has overall responsibility for executing all hotel events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations. They will help develop and implement hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property associates. The Event Manager will focus on following through and handling Groups, growing event revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the department and focus on providing a return on investment to Talking Stick Resort.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma/GED required; Associates Degree preferred; 10 years work experience in Event Management, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Sales/Marketing or related professional area; and/or an equivalent combination of formal education, training, certifications and related professional work experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent PC skills and broad knowledge of current and standard software applications and hotel systems (Microsoft Office, Delphi, Visual One, etc.).
* Must have strong interpersonal skills, team skills, organizational skills, and be adaptable in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
* Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in verbal and written modes.
* Must possess the ability to manage difficult customer situations professionally, and resolve customer issues in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks, demonstrating flexibility when dealing with changing business priorities.
* Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
* Ability to work with high degrees of professionalism in a collaborative environment.
* Ability to work independently and show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
* Must be able to work flexible hours, including hours beyond the normal schedule when necessary.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to maneuver throughout all areas of the casino; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.