JOB TITLE: Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Assistant HR Manager
FLSA CLASS: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $13.16 - $15.80 (offers based on applicable experience)
The receptionist will answer and direct incoming calls from the central telephone system accordingly, provide customer assistance, mail distribution, greeting, and direct visitors. The receptionist will provide general office support with a variety of clerical and administrative tasks.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain appropriate physical and mental health required to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regular and timely physical attendance during assigned work hours.
- On-call and overtime work required in emergencies and at other times as directed or assigned.
- Hands-on experience in giving information to visitors and answering their questions
- Demonstrated ability to deal with phone and email inquiries
- Proven record of answering/forwarding calls and taking messages.
- Work effectively as member of the MedStar team.
- Complete other projects and/or responsibilities as assigned by the Human Resources Manager and/or Assistant HR Manager.
- Ensure confidentiality of medical and all other discretionary information.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing administrative services related as needed.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Greet and direct catering companies to appropriate destinations.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating under the supervision of Human Resources.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Air conditioned office environment
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Walk, stand, bend, squat, twist and reach
- Simple grasping and fine manipulation
- Extended keyboarding
- Must not have been excluded by the OIG to Participate in Federally Funded Heath Care Programs
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
- Must not have been excluded by the OIG to participate in Federally Funded Health Care Programs
- Previous receptionist of office experience.