Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Charge/Registered Nurse and/or Physician, provides direct care to an assigned patient population.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Assists in providing activities of daily living to an assigned patient population.
- Completes hourly rounds on assigned patient population.
- Communicates readily with patients and families and serves as a liaison between the patient and licensed staff.
- Assists in answering call lights in a timely manner.
- Performs duties within the realm of a certified nursing assistant.
- Monitors supplies and restocks accordingly.
- Assists in specimen collection, identification and transportation to lab.
- Assists clinically as needed.
- Relieves Unit Secretary for breaks.
- Performs rotation in CPR as needed.
- Assists patients in obtaining essential needs such as blankets, fluids and nutrition after verifying with attending or RN.
Minimum Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent. Certified Nursing Assistant and BLS certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: One (1) year acute care experience preferred. Must be able to work efficiently in a busy environment while maintaining a friendly demeanor and possess effective interpersonal communication skills.
Working Conditions: Work in an unpredictable environment encountering stressful situations and exposure to body fluids and infectious diseases. May experience traumatic situations including deceased patients.
Physical Requirements: Constantly see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Frequently stand, walk, reach, push/pull, bend/twist, stoop/kneel/crouch, lift/carry 25 to 50+ lbs.