Job Title: Showroom Technician
Reports To: Showroom Supervisor
Installs rigging, lighting, sound equipment, scenery and erects stages for musical and other entertainment events in the casino showroom, stages and other meeting places.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Must have minimum 2 years’ experience working with live entertainment in one of the following capacities: FOH engineer, MON Engineer, lighting director or production manager.
* Must be able to interpret typical theatrical technical data including stage plots, lighting plots, input lists, mix assignments, etc.
* Must have experience with live sound reinforcement on an array of current state of the art digital consoles such as Digico, Also Avid, and Yamaha series.
* Must have experience with state of the art lighting consoles including the GrandMA and GrandMA2 series.
* Must have previous experience with front of house and monitor assignments.
* Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; secondary smoke and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.