Job Summary: Oversees staff, projects, operating and capital budgets, and Information Systems strategic plans; negotiates and manages IS vendor contracts, represents Information Systems to Senior Leadership.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Leads and manages Information Systems (IS) department
- Prepares annual goals and objectives, as well as writes and updates IS 5 year Strategic Plan
- Prepares and conducts employee evaluations
- Works with staff on performance development and conducts employee evaluations
- Creates activities for team building; conducts team meetings
- Creates and updates IS related policies, procedures & guidelines
- Represents IS at daily check in meetings
- Oversees creation and testing of IS disaster recovery plan
- Develops operating and IS capital budgets and chairs CIS budget committee
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions and invoices
- Manages IS timekeeping and scheduling
- Plans and manages projects and reports progress to Senior Leadership
- Participates in on-call rotation
- Interviews applicants
- Oversees deployment and implementation of hardware, software and systems
- Oversees vendor management of outsourced systems
- Keeps up to date with regulatory changes affecting Information Technology
- Functions as Hospital Security Officer and is responsible for annual IS Security Audit
- Completes IS portion of General Controls Audit
- Chairs Change Control Committee; Participates in organizational Lean events
- Leads daily huddles and communicates organizational information to department
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five (5) years working in IT.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Master’s degree preferred. Knowledge of commonly used PC software and hardware, how application software is affected by the operating environment, how software and hardware interact, and how PCs interact with the network. Knowledge of server hardware and operating systems; Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, Microsoft Active Directory and Novell eDirectory. General networking knowledge. ITIL, COBIT, LEAN, Six Sigma, ISO training a plus. Highly skilled in interpersonal relationships and customer service, assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands, working under pressure and managing time.
Working Conditions: May be occasionally exposed to hazardous materials or infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements: Constantly sit, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Frequently stand, walk, reach, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Occasionally lift/carry 25 to 50+ lbs.