Cogen Plant Operator
The operator is responsible for all Cogen Plant operation, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of 5 Mega Watt Gas Turbine system and problems throughout the facility in accordance with the standards of Pechanga Resort Casino (PRC). Other responsibilities include general power plant operations and maintenance, calibrations, light electrical, troubleshooting, monitoring plant readings, and preventative maintenance in a 5 Mega Watt gas turbine plant
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Guest Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by PRC.
• Maintains a constant watch over all entire Cogen facility; including all associated support equipment.
• Maintains inventory stock; responsible for systems being maintained at all times.
• Maintenance includes, but is not limited to, water testing, compressor service, equipment lubrication, filter changing, and general housekeeping duties.
• Performs maintenance and service as assigned by the Plant Manager.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent and regular attendance record.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. The Team Member is responsible for protecting the assets of PRC.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. AA degree or Mechanical PE license preferred. At least 4 years’ experience is required
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The position requires the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals are required. The position also requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or Team Members of the organization is required as well.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is required. The position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and work with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists is required. The position also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a class “A” gaming license.
• EPA section 608 certification, type universal.
• Valid California Driver’s license.
• Good organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficient with Microsoft based programs
• Ability to work under stressful situations.
• Mentally strong and able to cope with challenges.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, government regulations, and blueprints.
• Positive attitude.
• Professional demeanor.
• Must have computer energy management system experience; Metasys and Wonderware preferred.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work with a positive attitude in a fast paced and culturally diverse casino environment.
• Must be able to take direction and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Must be flexible and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to lift 75 lbs.