Job Summary: Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs for patients to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability following disease, injury or loss of body part.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Determines appropriateness of prescribed therapies and goals for identified pathophysiological state.
- Records treatment, test procedures, patient response, and results of such as required by hospital and department policy.
- Reviews and evaluates physician’s referral (prescription) and patient’s medical record to determine physical therapy treatment required.
- Performs patient tests, measurements and evaluations.
- Administers therapeutic exercises to improve or maintain muscle function.
- Instructs, motivates and assists patients in exercises.
- Administers treatments involving application of physical agents.
- Administers manual therapy.
- Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain using intermittent and static traction equipment.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
Minimum Qualifications: Licensed physical therapist by the State of Michigan or ability to become licensed within three (3) months of hire. BLS certification within three (3) months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: One (1) year out-patient experience preferred. Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
Working Conditions: Potentially exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements: Constantly stand, reach, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Frequently sit, walk, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Occasionally lift/carry 25 to 50+ lbs.