Job Summary: Performs general clerical and support duties for the Physical Rehabilitation department.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Prepares the lobby/gym for opening and close; including locking and shutting off equipment; Cleaning bathrooms when needed.
- Greets and checks in patients and visitors; Assists patients with registration and scheduling.
- Process incoming mail.
- Prepares medical records, as requested by Health Information Management.
- Prepares Electronic Medical Record by scanning necessary documents; including sending clearances for signature.
- Tracks Certs/recerts for patients.
- Inventories, orders, and maintains all office supplies.
- Assists with implementation of department projects.
- Interviews patients in order to complete documents such as intake and insurance forms.
- Involved in development of processes to maintain and improve efficiency in all departmental workflow including statistical reporting.
- Maintains documentation on internal record keeping such as cleaning of equipment and temperature control.
- Uses Athena to request corrected/updated referrals to the physicians; look for additional documentation per request.
- Directs patients when necessary.
- Confirms current patient information, discharge older ones; ensures that the proper physician is listed.
- Obtain proper information for insurance information and Work Comp.
- Contacts patients after pre-registration for confirmation of visits, co-insurance, and copay.
- Answer multiline phone; including taking messages, transfers, and scheduling/rescheduling appointments.
- Maintains the Medicaid report monthly for all active patients; updating and informing patients as needed.
- Files charts; ensures charts are sent to the proper clinic.
- Prepares a plan of care between the therapist and patient; assembles a schedule that best fits the patient.
- Track all denials, retros, comps, and authorizations; document the actions taken.
- Takes payments for point of service sales; ensures enough cash is on hand.
Minimum Qualifications: 18 years of age.
Knowledge Skills Abilities: Associate’s degree or two (2) years’ experience is preferred; excellent telephone, written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining focus and effectiveness, maintaining a high productivity level to maximize the productivity of the department leader and managers; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; experience with data extraction from multiple information systems; proficiency in a variety of computer software programs and/or systems is required, experience using email, electronic calendar, word-processing, and spreadsheets; able to work independently.
Working Conditions: Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Potential exposure to infectious disease.
Physical Requirements: Constantly see/visual acuity, talk/hear, taste/smell, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Frequently stand, sit, walk, handle/grasp/feel. Occasionally lift/carry 25 to 49 lbs.