Job Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day operations of one or more practices. Monitors staffing, patient flow, expense management and other functions required to maintain an effective service orientated practice. Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well being of patients.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Determines required level staffing needs.
- Selects, trains, supervises, evaluates and manages staff in conjunction with OMG Administration.
- Develops and implements systems to ensure the smooth, efficient operation of the practice.
- Develops and monitors key performance and quality indicators on a regular basis.
- Works in conjunction with Patient Financial Services, Central Billing and OMG Administration to ensure that data input and collection procedures are appropriately followed.
- Monitors budget performance on a monthly basis and assists with the development of an annual budget.
- Establishes policies, procedures and protocols necessary to accomplish daily tasks, processes and long-range goals.
- Serves as a liaison for the practice site to the various departments as well as outside agencies.
- Identifies barriers that inhibit service and works to remove them.
- Ensures that established policies and procedures are followed in the practice.
- Assists with marketing and business growth initiatives.
- Monitors patient vital signs during procedures.
- Point of care testing
- Observes and maintains records and documentation of patient care, patient condition, reactions and response to treatment and tracks patient progress.
- Procedure room preparation/tray set up
- Circulates and scrubs on procedure cases
- Recovers and cares for patients in recovery
- Pre-ops and post-ops patients
- Meets patients’ physical and emotional needs and carry out physician orders
- Plans care in collaboration with patient, family and significant other
- Explains all procedures thoroughly to reduce patient anxiety
- Performs direct patient care and assists physician as needed
- Supervises and/or performs care and preparation of patients for procedures (proper dress and pre-medication)
Minimum Qualifications: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; current license in the State of Michigan;
BLS certification. Two (2) years’ experience in nursing/office management or equivalent experience as deemed by administration.&. One (1) year clinical experience in surgery, pre-op, PACU, ER, cardiac care, Med/Surg or critical care.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Previous pain management experience preferred, Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to read and follow instructions in English. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
Working Conditions: Work in an unpredictable environment encountering stressful situations and exposure to body fluids and infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements: Constantly see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Frequently stand, sit, walk, reach. Occasionally lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs.