Job Title: Salon Stylist
Department: Resort Spa
Reports To: Spa Treatment Lead
Provides hair care services and treatments for guests, while ensuring a comfortable and relaxing spa experience. Responsible for guest satisfaction in the spa by performing services to the best of their ability and maintaining all spa standards throughout all procedures. Maintains the cleanliness of the salon stations in a professional manner at all times and follows all established protocols and checklists to enhance the operation and guest experience.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Must have Cosmetology training at a recognized cosmetology school; 1 to 3 years hair care experience and at least one year experience in an upscale spa operation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess a current, valid Cosmetology License recognized by the Arizona State Board of Cosmetology. CPR certification required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic PC skills; knowledge of POS systems or cashiering systems preferred.
* Must be reliable, trustworthy and posses a pleasant personality.
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Complies with all policies and procedures.
* Ability to work harmoniously with others and be a team player.
* Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations.
* Presents a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
* Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods, bend, lean and walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.