Assistant Spa Manager
Job Title: Assistant Spa Manager at Talking Stick Resort
Department: Resort Spa
Reports To: Spa Manager
Assists the Spa Manager in overseeing the daily operations of the Spa including, but not limited to: reservations, check-in, guest services, locker rooms, salon, and therapists. Assists at the spa desk to ensure guest satisfaction regarding all areas of spa services. Responsible for the leadership and development of the frontline team members in the resort spa department.
Directly supervises the Spa Treatment Lead, the Receptionist/Coordinator and the Spa Attendant in the Spa Department.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college degree or certification in spa management preferred. 3 to 5 years work experience in a full service spa, resort spa, fitness or wellness related environment required. Prior supervisory experience in a related environment required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Industry certifications a plus. CPR certification required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate PC skills in MSWord, Excel and Outlook applications. Knowledge of spa POS systems preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and professional skills.
* Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
* Must be able to remain calm in stressful situations; i.e. guest issues, high volume days, multitasking.
* Knowledge of spa services and treatments.
* Knowledge of retail operations and inventory systems.
* Present a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
* Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills, team building skills, organizational skills, and be adaptable in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in verbal and written modes.
* Possess the ability to manage difficult customer situations professionally, and resolve customer issues in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks, demonstrating flexibility when dealing with changing business priorities.
* Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
* Ability to work independently and show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.