Business Development Coordinator
• Creates and implements effective business development plans in order to maintain sales and occupancy goals throughout the community.
• Assists the Key Storage marketing department with new business development and community relations within the different Mini Storage DMAs in all 7 states
• Represents the company as the leader in Self-Storage to all referral sources.
• Visits local hospitals, military bases, apartment complexes, corporations and the like, on a monthly/weekly basis or as needed.
• Schedules networking meetings on a regular basis to meet or exceed established goals.
• Keeps abreast of any competitor issues that would affect occupancy in the market.
• Provides strategy, support and vision to the Director of Marketing in a specified community or communities to achieve sales and occupancy goals through effective Business Development efforts.
• Creates community business development plans and engages in business development activities and events for the community.
• Visits with competitors on a quarterly basis. Creates and updates competitive analyses on a quarterly basis. Serves as main contact for all competitive issues that would affect the community.
• Utilizes the community for networking meetings and events.
• Creates and maintains special events calendar for the community. Develops and organizes community events to meet established monthly goals. Serves as the primary contact for area events.
• Communicates any new leads to the Operations team.
The Business Development Coordination reports directly to the Director of Marketing at BMC. Provides updates on all business development activities on weekly/monthly basis including information relevant to pricing, terms, policy and marketing strategy.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field and a minimum of one to three years sales/marketing experience in related industry; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Must have a valid driver s license and reliable automobile.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the self-storage industry and work environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
Windows environment computer skills are required. (Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT., preferred).
Ability to facilitate complex problem solving. Effective organizational skills are a must.