Job Summary: On the phone or in person, serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately. Notifies appropriate personnel of visitor arrival; maintains patient appointments by scheduling appointments for first time visits or follow up care.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Welcomes clients and helps them feel as comfortable as possible.
- Facilitates the flow of clients by notification of arrival and departure in the electronic scheduling system.
- As appropriate staff, verbally notifies staff when a client arrives for appointment.
- Answers telephone and connects caller with appropriate staff member or takes messages. Answers inquiries regarding services provided.
- Obtains insurance information and basic clinical information for prospective clients. Also verifies insurance coverage.
- Maintains appointment schedules for providers by scheduling new appointments, canceling or rescheduling appointments at client and/or provider request, and re-appointing clients at the end of their visit for upcoming sessions.
- Assists in the collection of co-payments for office visits.
- Monitors physician transcriptions and notifies physicians of outstanding medical record documentation.
- Scans and allocates paper medical record documentation to the appropriate patient medical record.
- Types correspondence from staff.
- Maintains office and waiting area in a professional, uncluttered state.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Ability to perform secretarial office duties. Ability to operate standard office equipment with typing skills of 60 wpm. Familiarity with electronic medical records and electronic scheduling systems. Previous experience in a medical office setting preferred.
Physical Requirements: Constantly sit, see/visual acuity, bend/twist, talk/hear.
Working Conditions:: Ability to perform secretarial office duties. Ability to operate standard office equipment with typing skills of 60 wpm. Familiarity with electronic medical records and electronic scheduling systems. Previous experience in a medical office setting preferred.