Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Oaklawn, a nationally recognized healthcare employer by Modern Healthcare magazine. As Marshall’s largest employer, we have a team of over 1,000 dedicated full-time, part-time and casual employees, and our outstanding patient satisfaction scores have landed us in the top 2% of Michigan hospitals and top 5% nationwide. If you’re looking to join a team of exemplary employees, you’re committed to providing exceptional patient care, and you personify our core values, then we encourage you to explore our current openings.
It is Oaklawn’s policy, as an equal opportunity employer, to provide for a diverse, non-discrimatory work environment. Oaklawn is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Summary: Leads and instructs the various group exercise classes offered to the members of the facility to encourage retention.
• Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
• Greets each participant and creates a personal contact with each person.
• Provides members and guests with an entertaining, effective, and safe group -exercise experience.
• Provides support in properly maintaining the group exercise area.
• Promotes the facility’s services to members and guests.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma. Current NCCA accredited certification as a group exercise instructor or leader. AED/ BLS certified
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of anatomy/physiology, emergency procedures preferred. Skilled in interpersonal relationships and in monitoring member responses.
Working Conditions: Potentially exposed to infectious diseases and hazardous material.
Physical Requirements: Constantly stand, walk, reach, push/pull, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, bend/twist, stoop/kneel/crouch, talk/hear, lift/carry 1 to 49 lbs. Frequently sit. Occasionally lift/carry 50+ lbs.