Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Oaklawn, a nationally recognized healthcare employer by Modern Healthcare magazine. As Marshall’s largest employer, we have a team of over 1,000 dedicated full-time, part-time and casual employees, and our outstanding patient satisfaction scores have landed us in the top 2% of Michigan hospitals and top 5% nationwide. If you’re looking to join a team of exemplary employees, you’re committed to providing exceptional patient care, and you personify our core values, then we encourage you to explore our current openings.
It is Oaklawn’s policy, as an equal opportunity employer, to provide for a diverse, non-discrimatory work environment. Oaklawn is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Summary: Plans and administers medically prescribed occupational therapy treatment programs for patients to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability following disease, injury or loss of body part.
• Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
• Determines appropriateness of prescribed therapies and goals for identified pathophysiological state.
• Performs patient tests, measurements and evaluations.
• Records therapy, test procedures and results.
• Reviews and evaluates physician’s referral (prescription) and patient’s medical record to determine occupational therapy treatment required.
• Administers therapeutic exercises, physical agents, and manual therapies to improve or maintain function.
• Instructs, motivates and assists patients in exercises.
Minimum Qualifications: Licensed Occupational Therapist in the State of Michigan; BLS certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: One (1) year experience preferred. Experience with all age groups preferred. Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
Working Conditions: Potentially exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements: Constantly reach, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Frequently stand, sit, walk, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Occasionally lift/carry 25 to 50+ lbs.