Job Title: Houseperson
Reports To: Floor Shift Supervisor
Starting Pay Range: $12.00 to $15.87 per hour; depending on prior experience
Responsibilities include cleaning and maintaining public areas of the hotel, assisting room/suite attendants with general cleaning of guest rooms and suites. This includes vacuuming, shampooing of carpets; cleaning/waxing of floors; trash removal; stocking and maintaining supply rooms and other cleaning duties.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. One year prior experience in cleaning, janitorial, hotel or institutional housekeeping required. One year prior customer service experience preferred.
* Must be reliable, trustworthy and posses a pleasant personality.
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Ability to work harmoniously with others and be a team player.
* Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations.
* Presents a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
* Ability to work independently, completing all daily assigned duties.
* Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to the areas assigned.
* Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.