As an integral part of the Talent Management team, the Benefits Analyst acts as an internal consultant and primary point of contact for team members regarding benefits eligibility, coverage and other benefits related matters. The Benefits Analyst primarily responsible is the administration of all types of benefit programs and leave of absence administration in accordance to PRC’s policies and procedures.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Determines benefit eligibility, distributes benefit enrollment materials and assists team members with enrollment in benefits programs, such as health insurance and retirement savings
• Conducts health insurance presentations
• Acts as a liaison with insurance and savings providers on behalf of team members and the company
• Keeps team member benefits records up to date and informs team members of any changes
• Assists with payroll benefit deductions
• Ensures that the company's benefits policy complies with laws and regulations
• Determines proper course of action to resolve escalated customer service issues
• Administers and responds to Child Support Orders in a timely manner
• Scans and indexes documents for team member files
• Assists team members in the use of Team Member Self Service (TMSS)
• Maintains the Benefit & Wellness website to enhance understanding of the company’s benefit packages
• Works with Sr. Benefits Analyst and HR Business Partners on new or complicated LOA and/or work accommodation (i.e., light duty, modified work) requests
• Maintains awareness of federal, state, and local leave of absence and benefit laws and regulations in including, but not limited to, HIPAA, COBRA, ADA, FMLA, ERISA and section 125 provisions
• Participates on committees and special projects
• Promotes open communication that positively resolves employee leave and benefit issues, while promoting and maintaining the integrity of employees and the organization
• Performs daily work with high level of detail and with minimal supervision. Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff and possesses solid working knowledge of benefits administration
• Performs other job related duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have any supervisory or managerial responsibilities. Incumbent is responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required. AA or BA preferred. Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members of the organization. Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply Research skills. Analytic skills. Oral and written communication skills. Clerical skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license
• PHR or SHRM-CP certificate preferred not required
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, must be able to create a mail merge
• Must be able to keep a high level of confidentiality at all times
• Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with high demands
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
• Ability to successfully build relationships and comfortably interact with all levels of the organization
• Ability to multi-task is critical; must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload
• Must be able to keep a professional and ethical demeanor in stressful situations
• Health insurance background preferred
• Bilingual is a plus
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.