Security Officer at Talking Stick Resort
Job Title: Security Officer at Talking Stick Resort
Gaming License: Class III
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Assistant Security Shift Supervisor
Protects the assets of the company and provides a safe environment for employees and guests. Minimum pay rate is $12.36 per hour.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; one year previous hospitality, gaming, law enforcement, military, security, casino security and/or equivalent/related experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic PC skills with a working knowledge of word processing software, Microsoft Office applications preferred; should be able to transfer notes and data into an incident report system.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Physical/Intellectual Demands and Other Qualifications
* Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
* Must be a team player; yet be able to work independently when required.
* Must be able to see and remember specific details of incidents and persons involved.
* Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
* Must be able to maneuver in all areas of the casino and a hotel resort, (100,000 and 240,000 square feet respectively).
* Must be physically able to run, ascend and descend 15 flights of stairs multiple times during a shift.
* Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time regardless of weather conditions.
* Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull the weight needed to perform the duties of the job (e.g. 35 to 50 lb. containers used during drops/fills; large drop carts) on both level and inclined surfaces.
* Must be able to participate in a defensive tactics program which includes self-defense and arrest techniques.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, jump, twist, crouch, kneel, raise arms above the head and grip items while working in a patrolled or assigned area.
* Must be able to see, hear and remember the specific details of incidents and persons involved.
* Must respond to visual and aural cues.
* Must be able to wear radio ear pieces and microphones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.