Catering Sales Manager
Job Title: Catering Sales Manager
Department: Resort Sales
Reports To: Senior Event Manager
Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group/catering-related business opportunities to meet and exceed personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Must support the service and relationship strategy and drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Provides service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of the resort.
At present, this position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree in Catering, Hospitality Management or related field strongly preferred; 5 years hotel catering sales experience, on a property level, preferred or with at least 3 years property catering sales management experience and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and related hospitality sales experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
CMP, CHSE or other related certification preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent PC skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Broad knowledge of current and standard hospitality software applications and hotel systems, experience using Delphi preferred.
* Must have ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service;
* Must have the ability to provide creative, visionary direction to fully realize clients’ ideal event;
* Must be detail oriented with strong organizational, communication (verbal & written) and presentation skills;
* Must have ability to support an extensive existing customer database;
* Must have superior customer development and guest relation skills;
* Must have excellent selling (including telephone sales) and negotiation skills and an understanding of the sales process including up-selling products and service to closing;
* Must have advanced knowledge of property-specific business segments, advanced knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications, advanced knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning and advanced knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition.
* Must be experienced and comfortable making cold calls in person and over telephone.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.