The revenue auditor reports directly to the Revenue Audit Supervisor, performing various tasks related to revenue audit job functions. The revenue auditor will audit all revenues flowing through Pechanga Resort and Casino. The revenue auditor will protect the company’s assets by looking for discrepancies in reporting from each revenue generating department.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Scans and reconciles jackpot slips to ensure the legitimacy of all transactions
• Enters revenue figures from each department into corresponding spreadsheets
• Sends out daily revenue reports to each department as well as exceptions for any violations of SOPs
• Ensures compliance with Minimum/Tribal Internal Control Standards (MICS/TICS)
• Reconciles bags of tickets sent up by the Cage to ensure the correct totals are posted
• Spot checks batches of tickets to verify they are recorded using the correct amount and they match the amounts redeemed in the slot system
• Records progressive jackpots to ensure all reductions in progressive liability are accounted for by a jackpot
• Scans and reconciles Table Games Fills and Credits to ensure the accurate posting of Table Games win
• Reconciles Slot meters and Soft Count Drop numbers to ensure the accurate posting of Slot revenue
• Reconciles Restaurants, Hotel, Golf, Box Office, and Gift Shops’ daily work
• Reconciles the Vault and Cage Cashiers’ daily work
• Investigates unusual transactions
• Performs other job related duties as assigned
Accountability: This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position is also responsible for protecting the assets of Pechanga Resort and Casino and for maintaining and providing a positive and professional work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field strongly preferred. Minimum of six months related experience and/or training required; gaming, casino, hospitality industry preferred. Requires strong level of proficiency with programs such as Microsoft Windows, Excel, MS-Word, and Outlook skills, including proper use of Outlook Calendar to schedule meetings and period end close processes. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be combined in lieu of degree/experience requirements.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, as well as applicable regulatory and departmental instructions and documents necessary to perform your assignments. Research and respond to inquiries or complaints from internal customers related to your assignments. Compose emails and other forms of written communications related to your assignments in a clear, concise, and complete manner. Communicate information related to your assignments to others in a clear, concise, and complete manner. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees of the organization. Ability to choose the communication method(s) that maximizes understanding by the recipient(s) of your message. Ability to document verbal communication, directions, and clarification in a written format as support. Ability to maintain documentation in an orderly and standard method.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to perform complex accounting assignments with minimal direction.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class “A” gaming license
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Use 10 key by touch
• HMS, Simphony, Bally SDS and CMP system
• Knowledge of and ability to access Revenue Audit Standard Operating Procedures
• Ability to be a team player, assists with any staffing shortages
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse, fast-paced environment, and be open to change
• Ability to receive constructive criticism and direction while remaining professional
• Must be a positive role model who is highly motivated, resourceful, and possesses a strong work ethic
• Must be highly organized and provide attention to detail and accuracy
• May require flexibility in work schedule with ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when needed
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Pechanga Band to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified Pechanga tribal members, Pechanga tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.