Job Title: Web/Graphic Designer
Reports To: Advertising Manager
The Web/Graphic Designer works closely with Marketing and other departments throughout the casino to provide graphic Internet, Print, and web communication solutions for current and future business needs. Responsibilities may include the planning from concept, design, deployment, testing, documentation, training, and on-going support of interfaces and infrastructures. The Web/Graphic Designer will be required to work with 3rd party vendors to design and develop user interface features, such as web and print graphics with the incorporation of Casino Arizona’s and Talking Stick Resort’s design standards.
This job has no supervisory or manager responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
* BFA/BA degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communications Degree with an emphasis in Design
* Three (3) years work experience designing, developing concepts and producing web and print graphics
* Three (3) years work experience developing Internet websites with multiple operational interfaces;
* Three (3) years designing, developing, and managing digital signage content;
* Three (3) years experience leading design/develop efforts, demonstrating exceptional communication and facilitation skills.
Must have at least three (3) years experience:
* Adobe CC: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat & Bridge
* Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
* Proficient with both Mac and PC
* UI/UX design
* Photography and photograph retouching
Proficiency required in:
* Web & Print Design
* Package, logo, and identity design
* Content management systems for our websites
* Basic HTML knowledge
* Understanding of browser capabilities and design constraints on the web, including mobile phones, ipads, etc.
* Work across multiple program platforms and integrating designs for print ready post production files
* Understanding design brand standards for our properties as well as our various partnerships
* Understanding large print design such as billboards and outdoor displays
* High-end, customer-facing Internet site design, development, and management
* Leading and facilitating designs and development efforts for the organization and department
* Communicating (verbally and written) in a way that builds consensus, persuades, and achieves project objectives effectively and efficiently.
* Online and Email Marketing best practices (Exacttarget)
Preferred experience in:
* Digital Media and web analytics experience, preferably Google Analytics
* Search engine optimization (SEO) standards and best practices
* 3D Mockups – Rendering
* Website optimization
Proven customer and department service/user support skills. Must have the ability to resolve complex, functional, system issues. Must have strong interpersonal skills, team skills, organizational skills, and be adaptable in a fast paced, ever-changing environment. Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in verbal and written modes. Must possess the ability to manage difficult customer situations professionally, and resolve customer/department issues in a timely, efficient and effective manner. Ability to work on multiple tasks, demonstrating flexibility when dealing with changing business priorities. Must be able to pay very close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions. Ability to work with high degrees of professionalism in a collaborative environment. Ability to work independently and show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. Industry-specific knowledge Gaming, Accounting, Operations and Marketing is a plus. Must be able to work flexible hours, including hours beyond the normal schedule when necessary. Occasionally, travel may be required as needed.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to maneuver throughout all areas of the casino; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Employee may be required to work in confined areas. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.