Job Summary: Provides basic patient care services under the direction and supervision of a licensed physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. Performs clinical, clerical and administrative duties under the direction of the Manager and/or OMG Leadership.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Provides coverage throughout the clinic where needed.
- In collaboration with the manager, assumes responsibility for management of clinical supplies: ordering, stocking, inventory management, and cost control.
- Assists in assessing the condition of the patient and preparing the patient for the examination, as needed.
- Administers medication, and performs diagnostic procedures/treatments in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Reports pertinent information to appropriate personnel, and records data accurately and concisely in the patient record.
- Answers incoming calls and assists callers as indicated, or refers patient calls to the appropriate personnel. Retrieves and processes clinical voicemail messages following established guidelines.
- Maintains files, obtains appropriate authorization forms/releases.
- Assists in the coordination of patient care when scheduled for therapy or procedures in other departments
- Demonstrates competency in technical and clinical skills, completes skills checklist, and correctly performs these skills daily as requested.
- Maintains the standards of care, and implements the policies and procedures of Oaklawn Hospital and the Oaklawn Medical Group.
- Adheres to regulations and standards of accrediting body. Observes universal precautions and complies with OSHA and MIOSHA standards re: blood borne pathogens and biohazard waste.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited school or college of nursing. Current licensure in the State of Michigan and BLS & ACLS certifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: CCRN and/or Pain Management background, preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of computers, insurance, and medical terminology. Experience with EMR. Training experience, preferred. The ability to operate standard office equipment including fax, copier, scanner, and computer in an efficient manner.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The work environment is primarily indoors. Incumbent must have normal, corrective vision range; ability to see color and to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach. Ability to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.