- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth an exemplary effort to accomplish his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others achieve their goals and objectives.
- Assists with the administration of various employee benefit programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, dental, vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 403 (B) and 457 (F) plans, and wellness benefits.
- Conducts benefits orientations and explains benefits self-enrollment system.
- Maintains employee benefit filing systems and ensures benefits changes are entered appropriately in the payroll system payroll deduction.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs.
- Coordinates and follows up on the workers’ compensation claims with the third-party administrator.
- Assist in completing benefits reporting requirements.
- Responsible for Occupational Health record keeping.
- RMEQ Processing
- Flu Clinics
- USP 800 and other required record keeping.
- Processes and maintains the FMLA and Personal Leaves for eligible staff.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or Healthcare Administration and one (1) year related experience, preferably in a hospital setting or commensurate combination as determined by HR Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Preferred human resources certification, PHR, SHRM-CP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP or CEBS Certification. Excellent understanding of employee benefits and applicable laws. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources administration. Excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Customer-focused attitude with a high level of professionalism and discretion. Sound judgment and problem-solving skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite software.
Working Conditions: Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Physical Requirements: Constantly sit, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Frequently stand, walk, reach. Occasionally lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs.