Job Summary: Under direct supervision of a provider performs a variety of clinical and administrative tasks while striving to offer perfect care every time to patients. Clinical duties include greeting and escorting patients to the exam room, measuring and recording vitals, collecting and recording medical and medication histories, preparing patients for examination/procedure, assisting the provider as needed and ensuring efficient clinic patient flow. Additional duties include specimen collection and accurate labeling, immunization and injections, prescriptions as directed by the provider. Maintains equipment and supplies. Administrative duties include answering phones/triage, scheduling appointments, processing referrals and prior authorizations. Maintains focus on patient centered care and customer service.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Records vitals, medical and medication histories
- Preps patient for examination/procedure
- Assists provider
- Ensures clinic flow
- Collects specimens and labels
- Administers immunizations and Injections
- Prescriptions as direct by the provider
- Maintains rooms, equipment and supplies
- Answers phones/triage
- Schedules appointments
- Processes referrals and prior authorizations
- Provides patient centered care and customer service
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent and healthcare environment experience; Credentialed, Registered, or Certified Medical Assistant within 90 days of hire. BLS Certification within 90 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Experience in a medical office or similar setting required. Successful completion of registration or certification in an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of medical assistant competencies, computers, and EHRs. Patient access knowledge preferred. PCMH experience a plus.
Working Conditions: Potentially exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements: Constantly stand, walk, reach, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear, taste/smell. Frequently sit, reach, push/pull, bend/twist, stoop/kneel/crouch. Occasionally lift/carry 1 to 50+ lbs.