Job Summary: Responsible for providing functional and technical support to a variety of clinical customers. This position is responsible for clinical system support including but not limited to upgrades, system maintenance, and project management. The individual is responsible for the analysis, recommendations for corrective action and resolution of problems within the software.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Design, test, implement, support, maintain, and/or evaluate new or modified health information systems to support patients, and health care professionals.
- Apply health-related, discipline specific knowledge (e.g., clinical care, healthcare operations) to health information technology systems.
- Assist in the evaluation of clinical processes in collaboration with other clinical teams to facilitate process redesign and guide application of information technology to ensure adoption, satisfaction, and compliance with policies and reporting requirements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on requests for new features or changes in existing content
- Coordinates changes in clinical processes to flow with EHR
- Creates rules and forms in EHR applications
- Develops and maintains procedure manuals and end-user documentation pertaining to the use of clinical software applications
- Understands operation of computing hardware used in clinical areas and able to solve routine problems
- Acts as a resource for clinical staff and takes necessary steps to resolve problems and answer end-user questions when they arise
- Develops test plans and assists with integration testing of clinical software in preparation for upgrades.
- Identifies opportunities to improve user understanding and use of the clinical applications.
- Participates in projects and may lead information technology projects that are clinical in content
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Information Technology or related field, or five (5) years of clinical information systems experience. Or a commensurate combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Experience with Cerner clinical information systems preferred. Knowledge of commonly used PC software and hardware, how application software is affected by the operating environment, how software and hardware interact, and how PCs interact with the network. Skilled in teaching and creating training materials, interpersonal relationships and customer service, assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands, operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications, working under pressure and managing time and data analysis.
Working Conditions: May be occasionally exposed to hazardous materials or infectious diseases.
Physical Conditions: Constantly sit, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Frequently stand, walk, reach, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Occasionally lift/carry 25 to 50+ lbs.