Assistant Housekeeping Manager/Hotel
Job Title: Assistant Housekeeping Manager (Floor Services)
Department: Housekeeping/Talking Stick Resort
Reports To: Housekeeping Manager/Rooms
Under the direction of the Housekeeping Manager/Rooms provide organization, instruction and guidance to members of the hotel Housekeeping staff. Ensures completion of daily objectives for maintaining the cleanliness and the overall attractive appearance of the hotel and guest rooms.
Manages the Floor Shift Supervisors in the Housekeeping Department.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred. Minimum of two years supervisory and/or management experience in in a hotel or resort environment is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent PC skills and knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software; Microsoft Office applications preferred. Working knowledge of automated ordering and automated work order system required.
* Presents a professional and well-groomed appearance at all times.
* Must be knowledgeable about cleaning chemicals and show strong safety background and training skill.
* Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills, team skills, organizational skills, and be adaptable in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in verbal and written modes.
* Possesses the ability to manage difficult customer situations professionally, and resolve customer issues in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks, demonstrating flexibility when dealing with changing business priorities.
* Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
* Ability to work independently and show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Knowledge of multiple languages is a plus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. Must be physically able to ascend and descend multiple flights of stairs during a shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; secondary smoke; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.