Security Bike Patrol Officer at Talking Stick Resort
Job Title: Security Bike Patrol Officer
Reports To: Assistant Security Shift Supervisor
Starting rate: up to $19.76 per hour; depending on prior experience
Protects the assets of the company and provides a safe environment for employees and guests while maintaining a security presence in the exterior and parking facilities of Casino Arizona.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; previous hospitality security and/or casino security experience and/or related training preferred. Must be a skilled rider of a standard two-wheel bicycle in order to be successfully trained on a law enforcement type or other designated tactical two-wheel bicycle.
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Must be able to pass the 13-phase metabolic physical fitness for duty test in order to participate in the International Police Mountain Association’s (IPMBA) certification course.
* Must be able to pass the 40 hour International Police Mountain Bike Association’s (IPMBA) bike patrol certification course.
* Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
* Must be a team player; yet be able to work independently when required.
* Must be able to maneuver in all areas of the casino and a hotel resort, (100,000 and 240,000 square feet respectively).
* Must be physically able to run, ascend and descend 15 flights of stairs multiple times during a shift.
* Must be able to stand, walk and ride a bicycle for prolonged periods of time regardless of weather conditions.
* Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull the weight needed to perform the duties of the job (e.g. 35 to 50 lb. containers used during drops/fills; large drop carts) on both level and inclined surfaces.
* Must be able to participate in a defensive tactics program which includes self-defense and arrest techniques.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, jump, twist, crouch, kneel, twist, and raise arms above the head and grip items while working in a patrolled or assigned area.
* Must be able to see, hear and remember the specific details of incidents and persons involved. . Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
* Must respond to visual and aural cues.
* Must be able to wear radio ear pieces and microphones.
* Must be able to respond quickly or run to a medical incident, carrying basic life support bags, AEDS, oxygen and first aid supplies.
* Must be able to use and ratchet Confined Space Entry (CSE) retrieval equipment with a 200 pound person attached.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to secondary smoke.