Job Summary: Carries out maintenance work for healthcare properties in order to provide a well maintained, clean, physically safe, accessible and welcoming environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Directs, controls and plans maintenance projects.
- Assists in carrying out maintenance routines both general and planned
- Acts as a liaison between staff and the Maintenance department
- Meets with contractors to disseminate site-specific knowledge.
- Monitors contractors working in the vicinity.
- Performs specialized/general maintenance and repairs throughout the facilities and grounds.
- Performs inspections of buildings and equipment.
- Services air handling equipment including incoming, circulating and exhaust systems
- Installs various types of equipment throughout the facility
- Installs telephone and data wiring in cooperation with the Information Services Department.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, employees and the general public
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repair boilers according to state law.
- Teaches other staff about new equipment and procedures.
- Assemble, construct and install a multitude of types of wood composition cabinets, shelves, desks, counter tops, bulletin boards, back boards, pictures, etc.
- Maintains the exterior of the building and the grounds.
- Designs and constructs various items which may involve welding and sheet metal work
- Is responsible for policy/service development
- Directs and teaches lower skilled grades on new work and repairs.
- Maintains workshops and other engineering spaces in a clean and tidy condition.
- Completes log sheets, report sheets and test certificates.
Minimum Qualifications: 18 years of age and two (2) years of related experience or a commensurate combination of education and experience. Advanced level training and/or certification at the Tradesman level.
Preferred Qualifications: Certification at the Tradesman Level.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability: Must have effective interpersonal skills in all areas of communication with strong oral communication skills. Must be able to work independently and be capable of solving problems using good judgment and work in a self-directed and collaborative environment. Must have the ability to operate a personnel computer and possess basic math skills. Ability to work in confined space, and heights.
Working Conditions: May occasionally be exposed to infectious diseases and hazardous materials and various degrees of weather.
Physical Requirements: Constantly stand, walk, reach, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear, taste/smell. Frequently push/pull, bend/twist, stoop/kneel/crouch, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Occasionally lift/carry 25 to 50+ lbs.