Job Summary: Continuous surveillance of telemetry monitors to assist in the performance of indirect care of all patients under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Efficiently manages the nursing desk activities.
- Admits new patients, labels chart forms, and compiles forms into patient charts.
- Provides constant direct observation and interpretation of the telemetry and CCU cardiac monitors.
- Admits and discharges telemetry/CCU patients from the monitoring system.
- Is responsible for continuous observation of the CCU and telemetry monitors with every 12 hour rhythm strip interpretation and every 4 hour alarm interpretation documented in the EMR.
- Notifies the primary Care RN of the telemetry patient being monitored of all cardiac alarms or changes in rhythm. This notification to the primary Care RN should be done by either telephone or Vocera
- Assembles and maintains charts on all patients. Facilitates transfers and discharges.
- Is responsible for notifying physician of consultation order from attending physician, i.e., EKG over-read.
- Assists in maintaining order and cleanliness within the unit.
- Answers all call lights promptly.
- Assists nurses as needed and appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of a comprehensive ECG monitor-reading course within six (6) months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability: Two years of experience in a health care facility preferred. Cerner experience preferred. Excellent communication skills. Ability to demonstrate qualities of relationship-centered behaviors such as positive interdepartmental communication and telephone skills. Proficient at documentation in the electronic medical record. Use of Word® and Excel® preferred. Ability to stay awake at all times while working.
Working Conditions: Potentially exposed to infectious diseases.
Physical Requirements: Constantly sit, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear, lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs. Frequently reach, bend/twist, lift/carry 25 to 49 lbs. Occasionally lift/carry 50+ lbs.