Job Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day operations and workflow of the department, along with functioning as a scheduler on an as needed basis.
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the Scheduling and Insurance Verification Departments insuring that the most effective, efficient, and timely processing methods are used.
- Ensure scheduled appointments for multiple departments are accurate and meet approved department guidelines.
- Coordinates the overall Insurance Verification and preauthorization process insuring that the most efficient and effective methods are used consistent with policy and procedure.
- Effectively manages staffing to appropriate levels to ensure proper training and maximum efficiency in departmental operations.
- Assists staff in developing and achieving annual goals that are consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
- Provides timely evaluation of all employees.
- Holds regular staff meetings, providing a forum for verbalization of problems and includes department in-service.
- Identifies problems within the Scheduling and Insurance Verification Departments and takes corrective action in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and integrity of the Cerner Scheduling software.
- Assist Patient Financial Services in claims denial management.
- Responsible for scheduling involvement in point of service collections.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or commensurate work experience in the hospital environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of clinical and medical terminology, ICD and CPT coding, computer experience, and computer skills. Possess excellent verbal communication, organizational, critical thinking, and essential people skills, including leadership, teamwork, and conflict-resolution abilities. Able to work effectively with other departments within the organization. Previous supervisor and/or manager experience preferred.
Working Conditions: Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment.
Physical Requirements: Constantly sit, see/visual acuity, handle/grasp/feel, talk/hear. Occasionally lift/carry 1 to 25 lbs.